- This event has passed.
First Date with BOB – An Accuquilt Educator Event
October 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
At the end of October, you are all invited to attend a 2 hour presentation by Accuquilt, makers of the GO cutters and fabric dies. In fact, why not come for all 3 of our presentations? We charge you to sign up, but we give you a coupon for the same amount when you come to the event. Classes will be held at Old City Hall so there will be plenty of room and a lot to see. Win/Win.
- GO Beyond the Basics – 11-1PM, Sun 10/27. This class is $10, and will be a general introduction for those new to the GO! approach. See what you are missing, or get a better understanding of the machine you have. Learn how to make fully integrated quilt blocks, optimize the use of your qube, applique and take advantage of the free embroidery designs, and more. For those who already know, there are always new tips to pick up from the great GO! educators.
- There’s a Die for That – 3-5PM Sunday 10/27. This class is $20, and is for those with a good understanding of the cutter who want to use their GO! for more. Learn how to re-think your favorite pattern or how to convert a brand new quilt pattern to be GO-compatible. It is easier than you might think.
- First Date with BOB (Blocks on Board) 10AM-12PM Monday 10-28. This class is $10. Accuquilt has created a new concept – a fully integrated quilt block on a single die. Cut 4 layers, rearrange the parts and get 4 color ways of the same block. Make a hard-to-cut quilt in a snap, maybe Cleopatra’s Fan (see pix). Make a complicated block, such as a pineapple, with complete precision. Or maybe make an Arkansas Traveler quilt – see below for more on that.
Now here is the real reason you want to sign up…….in addition to the snacks. The Arkansas Traveler Die, pictured here, is only available at this GO! Exclusive event. The AT die will not be available to the general public for at least a year, and is limited to 1 per event attendee.
Here are some of it’s features, besides being stinkin’ cute!
- Includes two free patterns.
- Works with all GO! cutters.
- Is compatible with the 12” Qube and other block designs.
- Includes specialized dog-ears and ¼” seam allowance for easy alignment and piecing.
- Has screen printed letters for easier piecing.
- Is Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cuts large quantities of shapes quickly and easily.
Call or stop by to book your place now. Invite your friends and make it a party. As a special incentive, if you bring someone who doesn’t own a GO! cutter AND she buys one at the event, I give both of you an additional $10 GO! coupon. You can even bop down to the restaurant for lunch: Make a day of it.