- This event has passed.
Cleopatra’s Fan, a GO! class w/Sandi
November 2 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Each person will make 2 blocks for charity, one is 3-color traditional and the second has the star ray option. Nimble Thimble supplies the fabric, everyone brings their machine, thread and their own Cleo die. Remember, if you want to share dies, you need to do it at home, please. If you want some blocks to take home, bring your own fabric and make them after you complete the 2 charity blocks.
Cost is $10 when you leave your 2 blocks for charity quilts. If you take them home, class cost is $35.
Details for those coming to the Cleopatra’s Fan die tutorial:
We will cut and sew 2 different style Cleopatra’s fan blocks for making 2 Nimble Thimble Community
Works quilts. The first blocks are using the die as designed, i.e. 3 different colors (light, medium, dark).
The second blocks are a bit more advanced using 6 different colors. After sewing your 2 blocks for the
Community Works quilts, you may want to sew a block for yourself as practice of your new found skills!
1. Cleopatra’s fan die with its instructions (on inside of packaging)
2. Die cutting mat (10” x 24”)
3. Sewing machine with power cord and foot pedal
4. Neutral color thread
7. Baggies or clips or your favorite way to store 10 different size pieces
8. OPTIONAL – if you want to take home a block, please bring at least 1/3 yard of 3-6
different color fabrics
1. GO! cutter and GO! Big cutter
2. Fabric for Community Works blocks
3. Iron & ironing mat
4. Rotary cutting mat